Departments & Heads
This Department is the power house of the council and coordinates the activities of all other departments in the council.
- It is responsible for the training and development of staff of the council.
- The department sees to the analyzing and evaluation of jobs, in additions to implementing conditions of service as approved in the handbook of administration guideline and other circulars.
- The administration Dept. also manages personnel information system, reviews staff and enforces discipline.
- It coordinates and regulates the appointment and movement of junior staff, and administration of industrial trainings.
- The department provides personnel who serve as resource persons and are responsible for the administration of pensions, deceased estate, oath, birth and local government or origin, and affidavit of facts.
- It registers marriages.
Departmental Head - DAGs, Mr. M. D. Amaefula
- The department takes responsibility for the administrative control of the finance and serves as chief financial adviser to the council.
- It takes charge o the receipts, settlement of bills, storage of payment vourchers and retirements of bill and all internal revenue generations.
- It ensures the accounting system is carried out as laid down in the financial memoranda.
- Finance department is responsible for budgetary control and supervision of all accounts of all the departments of the Local Government.
- It prepares and publishes monthly and annual financial statement of the council.
Departmental Head - Mr. Agim C.E.
- This department sees to the maintaining and operation of machines and plants in the work shops and on sites, including working on the local government roads and supervising works being carried out either by contract or direct labour.
- The works department is also responsible for the planning and development of projects, revising and improving on existing designs of projects.
- It ensures testing of engineering materials, maintaining appropriate records and writing such reports of tests and any other investigations made.
- The department processes tender reports, scrutinizes progress report on all engineering projects and prepares annual report on them.
Departmental Head - Ogaranya Ngozi Ozurumba (ACAI)
Planning, Research, and Statistics (PRS):
- The department takes responsibility for planning, research, plan monitoring and control in the Local Government.
- It collects, analyses, interprets economic and statistical data.
- It handles economic studies, surveys and formulation of planning policies.
Departmental Head - Mr. Ugwuulo
- The department takes care of medical issues and helps in the formulation of health policies.
- It coordinates the preventive and curative services in the Local Government.
- It renders professional advice to the local government, serving as a consultant and coordinating the activities of zonal drug stores and house to house immunizations, distribution of treated nets etc.
Departmental Head - Mrs. Bridget Ngozi Anuforo
- It takes care of agricultural extension services of the Local Government.
- It also monitors the implementation of all agricultural development programmes and the formulation of agricultural extension policies.
- It undertakes the planting, harvesting and sale of all farm products of the council.
Departmental Head - Miss Ohoma Francisca N.
The welfare unit takes charge of rehabilitation services and is also responsible for matters relating to adoption of children, settlement of marital disputes and other social welfare programmes in the Local Government.
- It organizes seminars and conferences for officers of youth organization and registers association.
- It takes care of emergency relief matters and serves as secretary to the advisory committee.
- It organizes armed forces remembrance day celebration, sale of emblem and National Children celebration.
- It handles matters relating to the blind and physically challenged persons / leprosy settlements.
The Education Department Organizes Refresher courses, seminars and workshops for primary school teachers and prepares training programme for adult education staff. It also initiates, directs research programme and furthering the educational progress of all primary schools in the local government. It analyses the statistical and other data for adult educational planning and liaises with the state ministry of education in conducting first school leaving certificate examination.
This department is responsible for the preparation of documentaries, features, press releases on Nigerian political, economic and cultural development.
Youths and Sports
This unit encourages the formation of youth clubs and organization of youth activities in post primary institutions in the area. It works with the youth committee, offering advice, guidance and assistance. It sees to the organization of interclub competitions in the Local Government and Training of Youth leaders.